Free engraving service.
Undoubtedly one of the most recognizable and elegant coffee makers available. The Chemex was designed in 1941 and has been making delicious coffee ever since.
Its non-porous, heat-resistant glass construction, combined with proprietary, scientifically designed filters, produces coffee with clarity and complexity.
In fact, it's the filters that are the star of the Chemex show. They are 20-30% heavier than other filters and remove even the finest sediment particles. The design of the filter facilitates the proper infusion time by regulating the filtration rate - about a 4 minute brew.
One warning: As the filters are made of heavy paper, they require a full rinse with hot water. before brewing. to remove any paper taste. It's worth noting that there are also other filter options for the Chemex. If you want to try a re-usable filter that gives you a totally different, but equally delicious coffee, then check out the Able Kone
Since the Chemex is made out of glass, you can see the coffee as it brews and, as it's a pour over method, you can also customize your particular brew method very easily.
It comes with a polished wood collar and leather tie: the collar serving as an insulated handle around the middle of the coffeemaker.
The Chemex is so cool that it has a permanent display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and is how James Bond makes his coffee. What other endorsements do you need?
- 30oz (887ml) capacity
- Easy to clean - just remove filter and rinse through
- Heat-resistant glass made in Germany
- Requires Chemex filters
- Super pretty!
- Polished wood collar with leather tie made in the USA
This is our method, but it certainly isn’t the only one, so have a look online and play around to find what you like best.
- Place a filter in the top of the Chemex
- Pour hot/boiling water through until all of the filter is saturated.
- Pour the water out of the Chemex, via the channel, ensuring that the filter remains in place
- Grind and add coffee into the filter
- Start timer and pour enough water (195-205º) to saturate the coffee
- Swirl or stir coffee to fully saturate and let bloom for 45 seconds
- Add rest of water pouring in a clockwise, circular motion, without pouring to the very edge or overfilling the filter
- Once draw down is complete, remove the filter and the coffee is ready to serve!
- 16 L x 16 W x 25 H
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Coffee Maker & Server Type||Pour Over Coffee Maker|
|Coffee Maker & Server Cups||6 Cups|
|Coffee Maker & Server Filter||Chemex Filters|
A family owned company with a legacy... The story began in 1941, when the CHEMEX Coffeemaker was invented by Dr. Peter Schlumbohm PhD to brew the PERFECT cup of coffee. Since that time, the CHEMEX has spanned generations and the globe as an icon of American design. History and craft are embedded in their makeup. At the CHEMEX factory located in Massachusetts, they still inspect, polish and hand-tie each coffeemaker and cut every filter - just as they always have. Led by a brother and sister who grew up on the factory floor, CHEMEX Corporation is made up of a team of people who are passionate about bringing superior brewing equipment to the global community. Giraffy Co., as a corporate gifting platform, aims to deliver a unique and considerate gift-giving experience for you. Together with CHEMEX, we offer high-quality products and one-stop product customization service.